Edo State Internal Revenue Service, EIRS, do hereby inform the general public of a planned Statewide Motor/Vehicle documentation compliance exercise this month of June, 2022.
2. Consequently, to ensure compliance, the EIRS, FRSC, VIOs, EDSTMA, Security Agencies and Transport Unions, shall be at all private and commercial motor, tricycle and motorcycle parks to ensure motorists posses valid vehicle and driving documentations.
3. Documents expected to be possessed by motorists are a valid
a. Vehicle license
b. Driver’s license
c. Number Plate
d. Certificate of Road Worthiness
e. Hackney Carriage and
f. Vehicle Insurance Cover
4. Operators of private parks are advised to provide a conducive environment and ensure the smooth process of the compliance exercise.
5. All motorists are assured of number plate availability at all EIRS’ Offices across the state and advised not to patronize touts or non-government officials.
6. For the avoidance of doubt, motorists found to be in contravention, shall be prosecuted in line with extant Road Traffic Laws.
For further enquiries call 0813 097 0146.